Saturday, December 16, 2006

i love my life

you know you are in africa when you wake up with a rat biting your big toe, shake him off and roll back over to go back to sleep.

yeap people that is right. yesterday at 5 in the morning i woke with something crawling on me, i look up and there is a rat on my foot, i try to shake it off and it bites my toe. i roll over and go back to sleep. i had no reaction to this abnormal occurence. in my mind i was like "o, its a rat, geez not a rat, im tired" haha that is so funny. i guess when you live in africa you get use to things like that. flies that follow you everywhere with thier bzzz right in your ear constantly, or fly IN your eyeball or land on your lip. i mean i dont think american flies do that. where is the consideration. it is really violating. haha. mosquitos that bite you in the crotch and your bum. this is just a way of life, it is the normalicy that follows africa. it has been quite amazing. i wouldnt trade it for anything. bucket showers, or no showers. boobs everyhwere. children constantly telling you "nao bon missionary" which means you are no good missionary, haha... that has to be my favorite. people everywhere, never a time alone. not even in the bathroom. little kids like to peak at you while you are taking showers, and still i have no reaction to these things. it is normal. Goats that attack you and chase each other around and poop on your veranda daily.....wow what africa has been. i love it. the constant smell of poop and b.o. .... something i still havent gotten use to. serisously, im gonna miss africa. all these things have kept us laughing hysterically. so many good times. so many good stories to tell. i really love my life.

1 Comments:

Blogger Browning101 said...

I love you! I really wish I could call you today and tell you all sorts of things that would make you laugh. I miss having you laugh at all my pain...all my stupid jokes. I miss you!

12/17/2006 4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home