Sunday, March 01, 2009

Am I loveable?

Have you ever thought about how you have come up with how your worth is determined? I live in Los Angeles the capital of your worth being determined by the way you look. But in other parts of the world our worth is determined by our jobs, our societal status, some parts of the world even our ethnicity, our religion determines as well. There are so many different cultural stigmas that determine our worth. Where did this come from? How did we get from the time we were born “what a precious gift of life, a blessing, it doesn’t matter what you are, you are loved, you are worth it” to the time we become adults of “ if you look a certain way, if you have monetarial value and wealth, if you have a certain social status about you, if” if being the key word. What happens between the time of birth and adulthood? Im sure that most of you have already said something like this in your head or aloud “well life happened” Well yes you are right, but what in life? What happens in our psyche that alters and changes how we see our selves and there fore in the perspective of life changes how we look and have different standards for others. What in our human mind/world said meeting or not meeting expectations is determined your ‘worth”. Now obviously whether you meet the standards/requirements doesn’t measure your value, but we are told that it does. What is the course, the journey that most of us take to get from, “ I can be anything that I want” to “ I am not good enough”. The reason we believe that we can do anything that we want when we are children is because in that one sentence there is a hidden message, there is a message that says “ you are amazing, you are worth even the biggest dream, you have greatness in you, I believe in you”. I am determined to find out what it is exactly that causes us to believe anything other than what we were created with and for. And that is love. On my own personal journey I have found that one small action is more than words that has led to my own hurt of abandonment and rejection. My faltering to believe that I am anything other than loveable. This is my own story of personal struggles and lies I have believed and how I have overcome and still overcoming. A story of hurt, brokenness, faith, hope and love. A story of extreme RISK. Please as I invite you into my story, be willing to go deep into those places where you have the same hurt and brokenness. The end result is freedom, security and extreme faith and love. Touching the pain is worth the healing.


ok people.. i am daring to step out and i have started to write a book. this the intro to it. tell me what you think?

1 Comments:

Blogger Yonnie Cheng said...

thanks for sharing girl, keep them coming, i believe that as you risk to share your heart, it'll bring others into the same healing that you're going through, i also think that you should start sharing you story live, not just with letters:)
i love you!

3/01/2009 10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home