Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Donald

i walk in open the door and a strange but sweet voice says to me. Hi miss, you surely look pretty today. i smile, nod politely and say thanks. his hair messy, a hardees t shirt on that has greese stains on it, coke bottle glasses that are to big for his face and half way down his nose like my gran use to wear. his jeans are old and faded, and tennis shoes on that are probably as old as him. but, as this gentle giant sat across from me, he starts asking me questions. it doesnt take anyone long to figure out that he is mentally slow and physically. im sure to eveyone else that has come into the door, had found him quite annoying and obnoxious. i sit and wait for my name to be called, im getting my teeth cleaned, and a bit nervous as to what they are going to say i need done. but as i sat there i talked to this man who was really intelligent, you could tell all though slow he retained everything he saw and heard, much like a 5 year old. we sat and talked about music, animals, his parents, his step family, why he lived here, how long he lived here, we talked about church, that was funny. i asked him questions and he asked me questions. as our conversation continued, i wanted to hug him, he told me "did you know that you are one of God's greatest creations ever made". tears overcame my heart. i really wanted to cry, I knew God loved me, and He uses the least of these to express His goodness, but really donald isnt the least he is the greatest. He has such a good heart, and it was full of love for everyone that walked in the room. He had something positive to say to everyone that walked in. He didnt care, He was just wanting to express his love, you know donald told me that i was "one of Gods greatest creations" about 4 times or more. and really what i think is that "donald you are one of God's greatest creations ever made". he didnt see what they looked like, it didnt matter if they were unattractive or not, he saw the good. no he saw the greatness. i was inspired today. i was inspired to be more like that. i wanna be more like donald, i wanna have a heart that is full of love for every person. I dont wanna see the outside, i wanna see the inside, i wanna see where God lives in every person. i saw a glimpse of Jesus today thru the eyes of a mentally retarded man. im sure most who looked on him did not, but i saw Jesus and as usual it was the most beautiful display of goodness that i have seen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home